East Coast Railway General Manager Shri Umesh Singh actively present at the site to monitor the situation and restoration work of the Railway Bridge, where one Railway Bridge has been washed out and another badly affected due to heavy flow of rain water causing flood in Titlagarh-Rayagada Railway Section.
Shri Singh along with Principal Chief Engineer of East Coast Railway, Divisional Railway Manager of Sambalpur Railway Division have been camping at the site of the Bridge that got damaged due to unprecedented flood.
Professional Railway Teams from Visakhapatnam and other parts of the ECoR jurisdiction including Divers are on work in spite of bad weather and trying their best to repair the Bridge for early restoration of Train traffic.
Yesterday, the Expert team checked the Bridges and its fitness and found erosion of sand/mud from the piers of the Bridge which led to erosion of sand bed from one of the piers (pillars).
Sufficient quantity of sand bags, boulders and ballast are being utilised to save the Bridge. These are being put at the base/bottom of the piers for strengthening the sand bed which has eroded due to flood.
AsBridges are critical assets and have a lot of bearing on Safety of Trains and passengers,General Manager Shri Singh along with Chief Engineer guiding the restoration work of the Bridge. As the present floods are unprecedented and with forecast of heavy rainfall, East Coast Railway will not take any chances and will not compromise on safety aspects, even if restoration work get slightly delayed.
As per the direction of Shri Singh, Relief Materials for restoration work are being taken from different parts of ECoR jurisdiction and from neighbouring Railways like South Eastern Railway & South East Central Railway.
Boulders from Nirakarpur of Khurda Road Division; Vizianagaram & Bobbili Stations of Waltair Division; Kantabanji, Balangir of Sambalpur Division of ECoR including Raipur & Bilaspur Divisions of South East Central Railway and Ranchi & Chakradharpur Division of South Eastern Railway are being taken to the spot for repair work.
Ballast from Koraput, Sleepers from Kantabanji & Surla Road; Rails from Rayagada; CC Cribs from Titlagarh; Cinder from Ranchi & Balangir, X-ings from Simhachalam Station, and labours from Visakhapatnam have been arranged for early restoration of work for Train traffic at the earliest in the section.
The Bridge is expected to be made ready for traffic by today evening and all trains between Theruvali & Singapur Road Stations will pass on the single Down line Bridge. Hence, extra caution and safety measures are being adopted.
/ DATE:18.07.2017 / Time: 18.30hrs (06.30P.M)
CANCELLATION & SHORT TERMINATION OF TRAINS
(In continuation of Previous Bulletins, Dated 17.07.2017)
01. 12756 Nanded-Sambalpur Express from Nanded on 18.07.2017.
02. 18517 Korba-Visakhapatnam Express from Korba on 18.07.2017
03. 18518 Visakhapatnam-Korba Express from Visakhapatnam on 18.07.2017
04. 08301 Sambalpur-Banaswadi (Bangalore) Express from Sambalpur on 19.07.2017
TRAINS TO REMAIN CANCELLED TILL FURTHER ADVICE
01. 58527/58528 Raipur-Visakhapatnam-Raipur Passenger
02. 58529/58530 Durg-Visakhapatnam-Durg Passenger
03. 58301/58302 Sambalpur-Koraput-Sambalpur Passenger
04. 18301/18302 Sambalpur-Rayagada-Sambalpur Inter City
05. 18107/18108 Rourkela-Koraput-Rourkela Express
06. 18211/18212 Durg-Jagadalpur-Durg Express from Durg w.e.f. 18.07.2017 & from Jagadalpur w.e.f. 19.07.2017
07. 17481/17482 Bilaspur-Tirupati-Bilaspur Express (Except on 18.07.2017 from Bilaspur on diverted route via Raipur-Gondia-Ballharsa-Vijayawada).
08. 58131/58132 Rourkela-Puri-Rourkela Passenger from Rourkela w.e.f. 18.07.2017 & from Puri w.e.f. 19.07.2017
01. 22837 Hatia-Ernakulam Express left Hatia on 17.07.2017 is running on diverted route via Jharsuguda-Bilaspur-Nagpur-Ballharsa instead of Jharsuguda-Titlagarh-Vizianagaram.
02. 12807 Visakhapatnam-Nizamuddin Samata Express leaving Visakhapatnam on 18.07.2017 will run on diverted route via Duvvada-Vijayawada-Kazipet-Ballharsa-Nagpur.
03. 12890 Yesvantpur-Tata Express left Yesvantpur on 17.07.2017 will run on diverted route via Vizianagaram_khurda Road-Bhadrak-Hijli.
04. 13351 Dhanbad-Alleppey Express from Dhanbad on 17th& 18thJuly, 2017 will run on diverted route via Jharsuguda-Sambalpur-Angul-Khurda Road-Vizianagaram.
05. 13352 Alleppey-Dhanbad Express left Alleppey on 17.07.2017 will run on diverted route via Vizianagaram-Khurda Road-Bhadrak – Kharagpur & Tata.
06. 12808 Nizamuddin-Visakhapatnam Samata Express left Nizamuddin on 17.07.2017 will run on diverted route via Titlagarh-Sambalpur-Angul-Khurda Road & Vizianagaram.
07. 12844 Ahmedabad-Puri Express left Ahmedabad on 17.07.2017 will run on diverted route via Titlagarh-Sambalpur-Angul & Khurda Road.
08. 12843 Puri-Ahmedabad Express from Puri on 18.07.2017 will run on diverted route via Vizianagaram-Duvvada-Kazipet-Nagpur & Ahmedabad.
09. 18638 Yesvantpur-Hatia Express leaving Yesvantpur on 18.07.2017 will run on diverted route via Vizianagaram-Khurda Road-Bhadrak-Hijli-Tata.
DIVERSION OF TRAINS VIA BILASPUR-RAIPUR-NAGPUR-BALLHARSA TILL FURTHER ADVICE:
01. 12835/12836 Hatia-Ernakulam-Hatia Express from both the directions.
02. 12376/12375 Asansol-Chennai-Asansol from both the directions.
03. 12889/12890 Tata-Yesvantpur-Tata Express from both the directions.
04. 18637/18638 Hatia-Yesvantpur-Hatia Express from both the directions.
05. 22837/22838 Hatia-Ernakulam-Hatia Express from both the directions.
06. 18111/18112 Tata-Yesvantpur-Tata Express from both the directions.
01. 18437 Bhubaneswar-Junagarh Road Express leaving Bhubaneswar on 18.07.2017 has been short terminated at Rayagada.
02. 18438 Junagarh Road-Bhubaneswar Express on 19.07.2017 will originate from Rayagada instead of Junagarh Road.
Services of 18437/18438 Bhubaneswar-Junagarh Road-Bhubaneswar Express will remain cancelled between Rayagada & Junagarh Road from both the directions on 19.07.2017.