Due to heavy rain causing flood situation in Rayagada District of Odisha, Railway Bridge Number 585 between Theruvali & Singapur Road Railway Stations in Titilagarh-Rayagada Railway Section washed out at about 1105hrs today. Alert Gangman stopped the approached Goods Train which was supposed to pass on this bridge and averted the accident.
As a result, train services have been controlled, short terminated & cancelled today
01. 18006 Jagadalpur-Howrah Samaleswari Express
02. 22847 Visakhapatnam-LTT Express
03. 12756 Nanded-Sambalpur Express
04. 57271 Vijayawada-Rayagada Passenger
05. 12808 Nizamuddin-Visakhapatnam Samata Express
06. 18301 Sambalpur-Rayagada Express
07. 12755 Sambalpur-Nanded Express
08. 58527 Raipur-Visakhapatnam Passenger
01. 18211 Durg-Jagadalpur Passenger leaving Durg today (16.07.2017).
02. 18212 Jagadalpur-Durg Express scheduled to leave Jagadalkpur on 17.07.2017 (Monday).
01. 18301 Sambalpur-Rayagada Express leaving Sambalpur today (16.07.2017) will run upto Muniguda and will return as 18302 Rayagada-Sambalpur Express from Muniguda to Sambalpur. Services of 18301/18302 Sambalpur-Rayagada-Sambalpur Express will remain cancelled between Muniguda & Rayagada from both the directions.
02. 58527 Raipur-Visakhapatnam Passenger leaving Raipur on 16.07.2017 will be short terminated at Titilagarh.
03. 18005 Howrah-Jagadalpur Samaleswari Express left Howrah yesterday (15.07.2017) short terminated at Titilagarh and will return as 18006 Jagadalpur-Howrah Samaleswari Express from Titilagarh to Howrah on 16.07.2017.
04. 18006 -Howrah Samaleswari Express left Jagadalpur today (16.07.2017) will run upto Rayagada and will return as 18005 Howrah-Jagadalpur Samaleswari Express from Rayagada to Jagadalpur.
Services of 18005/18006 Howrah-Jagadalpur-Howrah Samaleswari Express will remain cancelled between Titilagarh & Rayagada today from both the directions.
05. 58301 Sambalpur-Koraput Passenger left Sambalpur today (16.07.2017) will be short terminated at Lanjigarh Road.
06. 58302 Koraput-Sambalpur Pasenger scheduled to leave Koraput tomorrow (17.07.2017) will originate from Lanjigarh Road instead of Koraput towards Sambalpur.
Services of 58301/58302 Sambalpur-Koraput-Sambalpur Passenger will remain cancelled between Lanjigarh Road & Koraput from both the directions.
RESTORATION EFFORTS IN PROGRESS on WAR FOOTING.
Senior officers have rushed to site. Materials being sent and on way to the site. Flood waters yet to recede. Work will start on receding of flood water. Strict watch on the situation. Emergency Control rooms opened at Bhubaneswar/Sambalpur/Khurda Road/Visakhapatnam. All DRMs personally monitoring the situation. Principal Chief Engineer of Railways has already advised Local Divisions to put in all available resources to restore traffic early. General Manager Shri Umesh Singh enquired about the flood position and advised restoration on high priority. Men and materials from neighbouring Divisions will be marshalled quickly for this unprecedented situation, GM assured.
Time: 1900hrs (07.00P.M)
TRAIN SERVICES DISRUPTED FOR HEAVY RAIN
Water flowing above danger level with high current on DN and UP line, 2 spans washed at Km 326/1-2 on bridge no. 588 between Singapur Road - Therubali in Rayagada - Titlagarh section of Sambalpur Division.
01. 58527/58528 Raipur-Visakhapatnam - Raipur Passenger from dt. 16.07.17 till further advise.
02. 58529/58530 Durg-Visakhapatnam-Durg Passenger from dt. 16.07.17 till further advise.
03. 58301/58302 Sambalpur - Koraput - Sambalpur Passenger from dt. 17.07.17 till further advise.
04. 18301/18302 Sambalpur - Rayagada - Sambalpur express from dt. 17.07.17 till further advise.
05. 18107/18108 Rourkela - Koraput - Rourkela expres s from dt. 16.07.17 till further advise.
06. 18211 Durg-Jagdalpur express from 18.07.17 till further advise.
07. 18212 Jagdalpur - Durg express from 19.07.17 till further advise.
08. 12755 Sambalpur - Nanded exp leaving Sambalpur on 16.07.17 is Cancelled till further advise.
09. 12756 Nanded - Sambalpur exp leaving Nanded on 17.07.17 is cancelled till further advise.
10. 17481 Bilaspur - Tirupati exp leaving Bilaspur on 18.07.17 is cancelled till further advise.
11. 17482 Tirupati - Bilaspur exp leaving Tirupati on 20.07.17 is cancelled till further advise.
01. 13352 Allepy - Dhanbad exp leaving Allepy on 15.07.17 will be diverted via Vizianagaram-Khurda Road-Angul-Sambalpur-Jharsuguda.
02. 12808 Nizamuddin-Visakhapatnam exp leaving Nizamuddin on 15.07.17 is diverted via Titlagarh - Sambalpur - Angul-Khurda Road-Vizianagaram-Visakhapatnam.
03. 12756 Nanded - Sambalpur exp leaving Nanded on 15.07.17 is diverted via Vizianagaram - Khurda Road- Angul-Sambalpur.
04. 22847 Visakhapatnam - LTT exp leaving Visakhapatnam on 16.07.17 is diverted via Vizianagaram - Visakhapatnam - Vijaywada - KZJ-Wadi-Pune-LTT.
05. 18438 Junagarh Road-Bhubaneswar Express leaving Junagarh Road today (16.07.2017) will run on diverted route via Lanjigarh Road-Titlagarh-Sambalpur-Angul-Bhubaneswar
SHORT TERMINATION (PARTIAL CANCELLATION) -
01. 18005 Howrah-Jagadalpur Samaleswari Express leaving Howrah today (16.07.2017) wil be short terminated at Titlagarh and will return back as 18006 Jagadalpur-Howrah Samaleswari Express from Titlagarh to Howrah on 17.07.2017. Services of 18005/18006 Howrah-Jagadalpur-Howrah Samaleswari Express will remain cancel between Titlagarh & Jagadalpur from both the directions.
IMD report for Odisha:
Low pressure close to South Odisha coast and likely to intensify with almost stationary up to 18th July. Heavy to very heavy with extremely heavy in 10 South Odisha and adjacent 6 coastal districts for next three days. Generally very heavy rain occur in night during monsoon season. Moreover, similar rain activity in North Odisha districts on 19th & 20th July.
The water level which was receding has started rising again.
Time: 1930hrs (07.30P.M)
CANCELLATION & SHORT TERMINATION OF TRAINS
01.18517 Korba-Visakhapatnam Express leaving Korba on 16.07.2017.
02.18518 Visakhapatnam-Korba Express from Visakhapatnam on 16.07.2017.
01.12844 Ahmedabad-Puri Express leaving Ahmedabad on 15.07.2017 will be diverted via Titlagarh-Sambalpur-Angul-Bhubaneswar-Puri.
02.09207 Somanath-Puri Special will be diverted via Titlagarh-Sambalpur-Angul-Bhubaneswar-Puri.