Financial Commissioner of Ministry of Railways, Railway Board Shri B. N. Mahapatra on his visit to East Coast Railway today reviewed the Performance and progress of ongoing Railway Projects with General Manager, East Coast Railway Shri Umesh Singh and other Principal Heads of the Departments of E. Co. Railways at Rail Sadan, Bhubaneswar. Divisional Railway Managers (DRMs) of Khurda Road, Sambalpur & Waltair Division were available in video conferencing. The following are the highlights of the Meeting:_
01. Safety & Punctuality in Train Operations is the top most focus area of Railways now, Regular stress on Inspections and procedures to be continued.
02. There should be more personal supervision and super checks on Safety aspects at higher levels during inspection.
03. Financial Commissioner expressed happiness with the working of East Coast Railway and with the Progress of Projects- All works on projects are going on as per target and will be reviewed regularly.
04. Unconnected areas of Odisha/AndhraPradesh /Chhattisgarh will be given priority in linking.
05. No financial constraints to speed up/implement projects. Plenty of funds already made available.
06. Seeking co-operation from all agencies to complete the projects in time.
07. All New Projects to be expedited with early tendering following due procedure.
08. Focus on Passenger Amenities: Keeping in mind aspirations of local people in this region, East Coast Railway was advised to take local views and demands into consideration. Extra funds will be given to improve passenger amenities.
09. Connectivity to the Ports should be improved.
10. There will be sufficient allocation of funds and funds for projects will not be a problem.
11. Khurda Road-Puri section has been declared a Green Corridor i.e., there will be no human waste on the track from train toilets. All trains starting from Puri should be fitted with bio-toilets by September of this year.